Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Preferred Careers in Korea



Grace from Korea here.

Continued to last posting, I would like to talk about 'jobs', especially 'preferred careers in Korea' today.

I remember, when I was an elementary school student, my classmates dreamed to be a singer, lawyer, soccer player and even president. Many girls wanted to be a pop star, they practiced dancing and singing after school. I also remember boys had so much passion about sports. They were always kicking balls after lunch and PE class was their favorite.



But a recent study shows quite different result from my childhood. Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training studied students aged from 12 to 18. What do you think the most preferred career for students was?





Well.. Elementary school teacher ranked first place.

Doctor ranked second,

and government employee ranked third.




It's been few years that students choose an elementary school teacher as their dream job.

It seems like they are greatly influenced by their parents because the same research for parents had the same result.



The top 3 reasons why they chose those jobs as their dream job were



1. It's stable.



2. It's less stressful job than others.



3. It's high-paying job.









Obviously nowadays in Korea,  young people prefer having stable job to challenging one. I can understand because I've been hearing things like 'You need to get a stable job like a teacher so that you can get married well'.. It's public social mood in Korea.









So, I would like to know what your dream job is and why, also public standard that people choose a career as their dream jobs.






How is it like in your country?






No comments:

Post a Comment